Blackjack is one of the least challenging gambling games. There is a fixed set of rules, basic strategies that can be applied in almost any situation. Unfortunately, many beginners are afraid to play, because they believe that blackjack requires exceptional mathematical abilities. This is actually not the case.
Blackjack is played against the dealer. Therefore, the main goal is to collect a combination of cards that is superior to the dealer’s hand but without busting. The best hand has 21 points. Any combination with a score of over 21 is automatically eliminated from the game.
Please note that you do not always need to get 21 points in order to win against the dealer. To do this, it is enough to have a hand whose total points exceed the total amount of points from the dealer.
Blackjack Card Values
All cards with faces (king, queen, and jack) bring 10 points. An ace can cost either 1 or 11 points, depending on which value is more profitable at the moment. The cost of the remaining cards is equal to their numerical value. For example, 3 spades will bring you 3 points, and 6 clubs – 6 points. Card suits have nothing to do with their value.
Basic Blackjack Actions
- Hit (more) – please add another card to your hand. You can ask for any number of cards as long as their amount is not greater than or equal to 21.
- Stand (enough) – this tells the dealer that you are refraining from further distribution.
- Double Down (double) – you double your initial bet, but after that, you will receive only one card in the subsequent deal.
- Split – if you are dealt cards of the same value during the deal, you can split them into two hands. To split the cards, you need to double your initial bet. In the future, you will receive from the dealer a card for each hand. Sometimes blackjack has restrictions on the separation of cards. For example, some variations prohibit splitting fives or splitting arms more than four times.
- Surrender (surrender) – after the initial distribution, you can choose to continue the game or give up and pick up half of the original bet. Unfortunately, not all blackjack options offer the player the opportunity to give up.
Many people like to play blackjack. Thanks to the advent of the Internet, now there is no need to travel to land-based casinos. Just open the desired site and start playing blackjack online.